Bluestacks Android Emulator is a free cross-platform app developed in 2011 to allow mobile apps run fast and full screen on Mac and Windows Operating Systems. The beauty of Bluestacks is that it presents a complete resolution of games, supports multi-layer, no memory or graphics cards required.
Bluestacks started as a simple platform to play massive memory-consuming mobile games through a desktop. Today, Bluestacks has reduced the entire Android ecosystem into a single desktop application designed for Mac and Windows devices. It has become a fully functioning app player.
Download Bluestacks For Windows 10 PC
The Bluestacks App Player came in at a time when it was needed. The Android app market is continuously expanding because of growing smartphone use in the world. Even though there are other platforms such as iOS, Android platform is the most widely used mobile platform in the world. Android is without a doubt the most compatible mobile platform. Bluestacks revolutionized and pushed the boundaries of Android platform ecosystem to desktops.
Bluestacks Android Emulator stimulates all functionalities and features of an Android device, for example, sending and receiving text messages, Android developer mode, and app download option on Google play store among others.
There are other Android emulators such as Andy Android Emulator, Android-*86, AMIDu OS, Console OS, NOS App Player. However, they cannot be compared to the features supported by Bluestacks. Below are some of the highlights of Bluestacks.
Bluestacks unique features
- Easy integration. Bluestacks integrates everything, i.e., camera, microphone, mouse, keyboard, sensors, etc. It then becomes straightforward to use Android applications on Windows and Mac devices.
- A friendly gaming environment. The smooth integration is a crucial enabler of gaming. It supports multi-layer gaming, i.e., gamers can play with their friends. The game(s) can also be streamed live on various social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Easy App installation. The procedure of installing Bluestacks is straight forward and very easy to follow. There are two options for installation. The first one is to download it directly from Google play store and the second is to download the APK file of the application then install it using Bluestacks.
- A resemblance to Android devices. Bluestacks App player’s home screen looks like the home screen of Android devices. It contains similar icons and menu. Anytime an app is installed, its icon appears on the home screen just like it happens in Android devices.
- Bluestacks developers release updates very quickly. Soon after the first release, Bluestacks 2 was available in the market and in quick succession, Bluestacks 3 is now available. The updates come with improved or/and added features. The developers constantly update the app player to match the changing needs in the market.
- Android developers who wish to test and check Bluestacks performance can do that using a “developer’s test support” mode.
- A helping community. Bluestacks has a devoted and dedicated helping community. Seeking answers to problems has been made easy through forums. Help is readily available from friendly forum followers.
How to download Bluestacks on Windows?
Before downloading Bluestacks, ensure that your pc meets the following system requirements.
- A minimum of 2 GB RAM
- At least 4GB HDD space
Also, ensure you have internet connectivity. A graphics card may be necessary but not a must, to enhance user experience.
- The first step is to go to Download Bluestacks For PC website your browser. Click on the download option and wait for the executable file to download.
- After the file has downloaded, navigate to the ‘downloads’ folder on your PC and double click the .exe file (executable file) to begin the installation.
- A dialogue box will appear. Click on ‘Agree’ to continue with the installation process
- Another dialogue box will appear. Keep on clicking ‘Next’ until an ‘install’ option appears in another dialogue box.
- Now click on ‘Install.’ This is the final stage of the installation. After a successful installation has completed, a shortcut icon will be created on the desktop for quick access to Bluestacks.
Downloading Bluestacks on Mac
The basic system requirements are;
- Mac Os Sierra or Higher
- 4GB RAM
- 4GB HDD disk space
- The first step is to download a.DMG file on Your MAC.
- After the download has completed, click on ‘install.’
- If a ‘System Extension Blocked’ pop-up box appears, open “Security Preferences” then “Security and Privacy” settings
- Click on ‘Allow.’ Bluestacks will be downloaded
- Run Bluestacks and start enjoying your favorite Android applications.
After the installation, keep on checking for updates to improve the performance of the Bluestacks App Player.